The rules for the import of quarantineable products are extended to quarantineable products imported into the territory of the Russian Federation included in the List of Quarantineable Products (quarantineable goods, quarantineable materials, quarantineable products) subject to quarantine phytosanitary control (supervision) at the customs border of the Customs Union and the customs territory of the Customs Union, approved by the Decision of the Commission of the Customs Union of June 18, 2010 No. 318 (hereinafter — quarantineable products):
- Imported quarantineable products must be free of quarantine objects in a viable condition included in the List of Quarantine Objects (plant pests, causative agents of plant diseases and plants (weeds)).
- Each lot of quarantineable products (quarantineable material, quarantineable cargo) of high phytosanitary risk imported into the territory of the Russian Federation or exported from the territory of the Russian Federation, must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate.
- Potted plants and plants with a closed root system must be imported into the Russian Federation in a nutrient substrate free from quarantine pests.
- Import of plants with a rooting of the soil of zones, places and / or production areas recognized free from quarantine pests to the territory of the Russian Federation is allowed during quarantine phytosanitary control including mandatory laboratory examination of soil samples for the whole complex of quarantine objects that can be spread with soil .
- It is prohibited to import seed or planting stock and potatoes in baggage, hand baggage and postal items unaccompanied by a phytosanitary certificate.
- It is allowed to import
1-2bouquets of fresh flowers certificate in hand baggage, in baggage and postal items without being accompanied by a phytosanitary as a result of quarantine phytosanitary control.
- Products of low phytosanitary risk are imported into the territory of the Russian Federation without being accompanied by phytosanitary certificate of the exporting country.
The phytosanitary certificate is valid for 30 days, and when exporting quarantineable products to EU member states no more than 14 days from the date of its issuance to the date of crossing the state border of the Russian Federation by the quarantineable products.
On all issues related to the import and export of quarantineable products, please contact the Rosselkhoznadzor (Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance) Office in the Kaliningrad region.